Senior Category Manager / Category Controller
A high-profile opportunity is available for a seasoned Category professional looking to enhance their career and join a major food business who are at the forefront of the UK grocery channel. With their sizable portfolio of On-the-Go products, the business has been ahead of the game of NPD and their category changing solutions.
You will have full ownership of space and range strategies and develop the plan for the front-of-store category whilst driving marketing recommendations to the customer. Currently going through a transitional phase in their approach to category leadership and with an exciting NPD pipeline, this will be a rewarding time for you to join the organisation and be part of shaping a 3yr Category vision.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- High levels of personal energy and drive
- Good potential leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence stakeholders
- Strategic mind-set and business understanding
- Hands on with a passion for detail and strong analytical skills
- FMCG background with experience in working with UK grocery customers
- Ability to engage and lead with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Must have a genuine interest within the retail environment and customer strategy
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to interpret data to create valuable insights
- Able to deliver a strong and compelling category story
- Able to display a strong understanding of shoppers, consumer’s and customer’s needs, attitudes and future requirements
- Degree educated
This role will suit a fresh Senior CatMan looking for something new or an experienced Senior CatMan looking for that next step up. The company are open to experience at this level so they will consider people on either scale.
Due to high volume advert responses, if you do not receive acknowledgment or a reply to your application within 14 days – please feel free to follow up although it is likely that your application has been unsuccessful. If this is the case, please continue reviewing vacancies with Henson Recruitment moving forward.