Business Development Manager
This is a great opportunity to join a growing FMCG company as a Business Development Manager. In this role you will be responsible for promoting a range of products within the convenience sector.
Our client is a market leader in their industry and supply a range of FMCG and consumer brands across both retail and wholesale channels. The company are an innovative business; constantly looking to grow and develop their product range.
The business pride themselves on the quality of their service and go the extra mile at all times, putting the customer at the heart of everything they do!
Due to growth within the business, our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their sales team. You will report into the Sales Manager but work very much autonomously covering an existing territory which includes an account base within the convenience channel. These will be a mix of independent retailers and symbol groups.
The role is 90% account management and 10% new business. As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for supporting the existing client base by ensuring brand presence is strong across your well established territory.
The role will include extensive travel and occasional overnight stays.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience within field sales and journey planning in order to maximise the potential of your territory
- Ideally experienced within the convenience channel
- Proven track record of increasing sales across an existing account base
- Strong retail merchandising skills
- Rapport building skills - ability to build strong relationships
- Self-driven and motivated in order to work autonomously
- Commercially aware with good numerical skills
- Full, clean driving license
- Basic salary of £20k - £25k (dependant on experience)
- Company car