Consortia Account Manager (North)
Consortia Account Manager – Northern England, South East Scotland
Reporting into: National Sales Manager (Consortia)
Location: North England, South East Scotland
Role Purpose Statement
The Consortia Account Manager manages Consortia Mini Groups at both head office level and individual account level that are representative and in line with the respective consortia definition of a Mini Group. Work closely with regional teams to ensure that Consortia plans and targets are achieved.
To build effective cross-functional internal and external business relationships, whilst achieving and exceeding sales & margin targets. Ensure that our business is the first choice for all temperatures across our consortia account base. Jointly develop, implement and monitor effective business plans with all Consortia Mini Groups both at a head office level for multi-site operations and individual accounts in line with National Consortia strategies .This role is critical to our independent business plan.
Ideal Location (but not exclusive to):, Northern England, Southern Scotland.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To Achieve & Exceed Sales & Margin Targets across all temperatures, by management of product and profit mix.
- Negotiate, construct, implement & monitor trading agreements with Consortia Mini groups across National Consortia Accounts
- By introduction of new products and services.
- Price reviews which are conducted on time, in full
- Ensure all administrative duties are carried out accurately and on time e.g. reporting
- Effectively communicate and monitor all prospect leads within a dedicate region
- Actively pursue and convert Mini Group leads
- To Build Effective Cross Functional Internal & External Business Relationships.
- Successfully understand and communicate the needs of our customers within the Brakes Group. (e.g. Purchasing, Marketing, Accounts and Operations)
- Influence all customers at all levels across their organisation in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Take the responsibility of Consortia expert within a allocated region – communicate and assist in the implementation of National strategies within the regions
- Build solid relationships with the consortia sales teams within your allocated region through working with regional BDMs and ASMs
- Ensure Brakes are the preferred supplier to all the National Consortia at a regional level
- To monitor sales and margin against budget and to take corrective action when necessary
- To ensure business retention.
- To have the ability to monitor account trends – input business plans and take necessary action
- To establish Brakes Group as the first choice for all food temperatures.
- To jointly develop with customers, implement and monitor effective business plans.
- Plan annually and monitor progress vs plan monthly
- Continually develop own understanding of the specific market sector they support
- Own and manage your personal career development with your manager
- Actively participate/contribute to team meetings
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Essential: Experience in a sales environment, can demonstrate success within current portfolio, previous man and project management experience, resilience, desire to succeed, self-starter, has ability to set SMART business objectives, numeric and verbal reasoning, attention to detail, excellent communicator, commercial focused, driving license, IT Literate, can demonstrate effective planning, briefing, implementation and monitoring of projects or initiatives, interpret understand & act upon financial data
Desirable: Degree of equivalent experience of foodservices with good relationship within the channel and previous P&L experience. Shares knowledge and ideas with others, can demonstrate a strategic overview and plans according to importance and urgency.
- Sales & Margin KPI’s
- Customer/Channel Contribution
- New Accounts
- Account Retention
- Contractual Agreements
- Range extension
- Chilled & own brand growth
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Change Manager
- Performance Improver
- Process Builder
- Technical competency
Employing over 10,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes, independent pubs, restaurants and hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well known national chains. Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative