Divisional Sales Manager - On-Trade
Divisional Sales Manager – On-Trade
- £50,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary
- 20% Bonus
- Company Car
About our Client:
This is an exciting role in a large, branded alcoholic beverage business. They’re looking to recruit a Divisional Sales Manager in the Midlands region to look after their Independent/Free Trade accounts.
The business turn over in excess of £300m internationally and they are highly regarded in the alcoholic drinks market. With over 200 years of heritage, they’re constantly innovating and changing to capture consumer’s interest from all around the world. Our client has won awards for their beers, pubs and their dedication to recruitment and retention which is evidence of the fantastic work environment they have created.
About the Role:
This role will suit an ambitious and experienced individual looking to progress their career and who thrives on working in a fast moving, entrepreneurial, environment. We aren't looking for an average Divisional Sales Manager. This is a senior Divisional Sales Manager position and is perfect for someone who has a technical background and understands budget responsibility and also knows how to train and negotiate with senior level stake holders.
You will learn rapidly, move at pace and have experience of managing a P&L where you will be well rewarded in this role. The position is field based and you will ideally be located within the Midlands area.
The key responsibilities for the Divisional Sales Manager role include:
- Increasing sales and distribution of the Beer Company brands within a designated geography, by focusing on increasing stockists, developing rate of sale and retaining stockists.
- Manage, lead, coach, train and develop a Field Sales team.
- Be the Beer Company expert.
- Manage a designated geography of free trade and independent outlets with focus on all Independent free trade groups.
- Influencing and developing distribution of the Beer Co brands by working closely with local contacts from key distribution partners.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced culture where pace, energy and influencing skills are critical.
- Self-starter who can come up with commercially sound solutions to opportunities.
- Unstinting resilience and belief in ‘making it better’ when faced with internal challenge to necessary change.
- Inspiring and engaging style.
- Passion for Beer.
- Understands and nurtures ‘technically brilliant’ sales people
- A passion for coaching
- Understand the challenges of a mature brewery operation and a desire to respect the traditions of a family business whilst bringing about change that will provide for a stronger future business.
- Highly mobile and visible.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive sales experience in On-Trade (BWS experience desirable).
- Multiple Route to Market experience desirable.
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills.
- Able to lead and manage others.
- Ability to maintain and interpret key reporting suites: people, brands, customers.
- Solid track record of people development - building highly capable teams balancing technical and behavioural excellence.
- Experience of influencing and driving change.
- Ability to think strategically.
- High standard commercial skills.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams. With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets.
For our candidates we are in a position to offer genuine insight and advice, having supported the career progression of thousands of candidates across the UK and Europe. For us, you are not just another applicant but someone who we will guide and represent in an engaging fashion, each and every time.
Contact us for more information on 01494 590404 / email@example.com