An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Demand Planner to join my client a global, market leading FMCG business based in Berkshire. My client has operations in over 60 countries with its product being sold in 200 countries and employs over 35,000 people worldwide.
As the Demand Planner you'll be responsible for managing product changes, maximising forecasting accuracy on all products within portfolio and driving improvements. You will have full accountability for a portfolio of brands and will be responsible for the supply of several brands coming from both external sources and factories for the UK market.
- In close co-operation with the Commercial teams, create, monitor and revise forecasts for a portfolio of brands ensuring accuracy measures are met and continuously improved.
- Maximise customer service level for a portfolio of brands via effective liaison with factories and monitoring of daily forecast
- Analyse trends and promotional volumes to make adjustments and recommendations where necessary
- Effectively manage inventory.
- Challenge sales teams where appropriate to ensure best supply and financial forecast
- Where appropriate deliver improvements in supply efficiency's
Professional Skills and Competencies
- Graduate with supply chain or production planning experience within an FMCG organisation or equivalent working experience
- Exceptional ability to manage workload and identify priority tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Strong influencing / communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to consolidate complex information, interpret & construct straightforward plans
- Able to apply appropriate problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve operational issues
- Knowledge of supply systems such as ERP, MRP or DRP
Due to the high volume of applicants I am afraid we are unable to respond to all. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, however we will keep your details on file and contact you with other opportunities.