Business Development Manager
The successful candidate will be required to build and develop a team who will manage relationships with existing and potential customers, enabling the business to meet its current growth targets. You will be required to develop a network of contacts throughout the retail industry; you will also be developing working relationships with every customer that allows the company access to key contracts and activity.
A North West based business with existing contacts into globally recognised, leading FMCG brands. With a vibrant office and real growth potential, they are seeking a proactive and focused Business Development Manager to aid the company's ambitious growth plans.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager, preferably based in North West England, will be but not limited to the following:
- Support the sales director by identifying, wining and building relationships with potential customers
- Write and present pitches and reports to new and existing clients
- Communicate directly with the client on market insight, brand positioning and key issues
- Support client planning process, when required and attend client briefings
- Network effectively within customers ensuring the brand is known across all brands and divisions
- Continuously maintain forecasts for each account and ensure the central Work Planning document is up to date for your customers
- Proactively update Customer Contact database with all existing and new contacts
- Deliver all internal paperwork to agreed deadlines and standards
Business Development Manager - Key Skills:
- Experience in business development with a proven track record of working in a similar environment.
- Passion for consumer brands and retail.
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills.
- A structured negotiator with the ability to develop branded and retailer business.
- A high level of drive and talent for building relationships internally and externally.
- People management experience desirable, but no essential.
- Full driving license and commutable to North West England 2-3 days per week.
Business Development Manager offering a competitive basic and excellent commission structure.