Field Sales Executive
At Royal Canin, you are challenged with interesting work and given development opportunities. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And while finding ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability, making our world a better place for pets.
It's why working at Royal Canin is more than just a job.
The role of Field Sales Executive supports the specialist pet trade independent market. The role fits in with a team of 5 who report to the Regional Sales Manager responsible for the sales delivery across Swindon, Reading, Salisbury and Winchester
The purpose of this Field Sales Executive role is to deliver sales targets and objectives for a defined area in line with the sales and marketing strategy for Royal Canin independent retail
This responsibility requires a good knowledge of the industry and a strong willingness to be close to customers. The key element of the role is sales development within the specialist pet trade in recruiting customers with an end user consumer focus; therefore the recommendation and the exposure of the products are paramount.
The job holder also makes sure that the image of the brands is being widely distributed and presented in the marketplace.
The principle accountabilities for this Field Sales Executive role include:
- Strive to achieve sales target by way of increased distribution and product volume
- Identify new business opportunities and prospects
- Develop tailored plans with key customers to increase distribution and sales
- Proactively promote product and brand visibility through correct and strategic product placement within stores
- Develop accounts through the use of forecasting, planning and promotional activity
- Develop relationships with all key clients with a consumer centric focus
- Liaise closely with the merchandising team to ensure products are properly represented at store level and managed appropriately for the company and customer
- Support new products launches in partnership with marketing activity
- Effective pre call planning with defined objectives for independent accounts
- Attendance at company events (ex: Trade shows)
- Provide local market information to line manager and other teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
A Sales professional with at least 1 year of solid field sales experience in retail, you also have the following qualifications and experience;
- Proven track record in territory sales or within a sales function
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills at an intermediate level
- Customer and consumer Focused
- Action orientated
- Sales & distribution results driven
- Strong business acumen related to retail
If interested in the Field Sales Executive click on the APPLY button below.