Business Development Manager
Are you looking for a fresh new challenge? Are sales your game?
This is the opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join a market leader in the world of fruit ingredients.
This business has a fantastic reputation within their sector and has experienced great growth since their launch over 20 years ago. They don’t just produce; they import, blend, stock, re-pack and distribute high quality processed fruit ingredients which are sourced directly from some of the most admired suppliers from around the globe.
They pride themselves on supplying clients with a purely tailor-made service based upon their ‘can do' and 'will do' attitude.
The main purpose of this role is to identify and act upon new business leads, to maintain and build strong working relationships with new contacts and be proactive to win new accounts to therefore achieve profitable sales.
The main responsibilities are as follows -
• To meet sales and profit margin targets within specified time scales
• Produce a sales plan including - Identifying and developing sources of potential clients, secure new business, monitor and grow your business, increase the level of sales and business mix from individual clients.
• Maintain an accurate and current database of contacts and live accounts
• Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of competitors: be able to highlight their differences
• Be able to demonstrate a full knowledge of all products, relevant selling points and benefits
• Follow-up new business opportunities and set up meetings. Actively pursue new lines of enquiry to secure a sale
• To be proactive in engaging in personal development programmes particularly with regard to product knowledge
• To cover for colleagues in their absence and undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Sales Director.
The successful candidate would come from a food and drink technical background, have a strong portfolio of business wins and thrive in a fast paced sales environment. You will be a strong relationship builder with excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
It would also be very valuable if you were to have an understanding of the world of flavours.
Please apply, with an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org