Field Technical Support
Job title: Field Technical Support
Location: Based M62 corridor - Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield
Salary: £attractive plus company vehicle and comprehensive benefits
Sector: Outdoor Power Tools
Job type: permanent
Job reference: NH 18392
STIHL is a global leader in outdoor power tools serving the forestry, construction, agricultural and gardening markets via a network of 400 servicing dealers nationally. The GB sales and marketing subsidiary based in Camberley, Surrey, is a significant operation within the worldwide family of highly successful STIHL companies.
STIHL is committed to working in partnership with our servicing dealer network, to enhance the STIHL and VIKING brands and to develop the business through marketing, technical support and effective product displays in store. To support the growth of a new product range STIHL is recruiting this exciting field based role, to work with Dealerships across a large geographic area.
The Role of Field Technical Support
Reporting to the ‘VIKING’ Development Manager, this role involves visiting Dealerships to:
- Provide education on product functions and key benefits to consumers
- Assist with the training of dealers in the demonstration and sale of a specific range of products
- Support dealers’ sales staff by visiting customer sites
- Provide advice on prime positioning of in-store displays
- Build enthusiasm, confidence and excitement in this new range
A Field Support Executive who demonstrated success and capability at this level would enjoy an excellent future career path driven by a personal development plan. The job holder will need to travel extensively and this will require nights away from home each week.
A negotiable basic salary plus company van, 22 days holiday, private healthcare, private dental care, contributory pension, subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers, product discounts.
Field Technical Support profile:
Living on the M62 corridor (Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield); you will be active and energetic with enthusiasm for practical hands on and outdoor activities, happy to work on your own as well as part of a team. You will be completely reliable and willing to travel extensively with nights away.
Specific attributes will include:
- Experience in a field based technical support, product specialist or service engineer role
- Probably with technical qualifications as a mechanic or engineer
- Possibly with experience of grounds care and product maintenance
- Committed to providing a high level of customer service
- A skillful problem solver
- Demonstrate a passion for technology
- Great communicator
- Strong skills in planning and organisation
Suitable candidates might presently be working as:
Closing date for applications is Friday 31 March
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030