Digital Account Manager - Amazon
PepsiCo are looking for a fantastic individual to join the team and build on our digital business presence.
You'll own & develop the Amazon business and relationship in the UK across all Amazon channels (Core, Prime Now, Pantry & Fresh) as well as providing functional leadership across the ESSA region on key activations (e.g. Champions League) & best practise sharing. You will also work closely with the North America Amazon team to leverage learnings & apply proven approaches for PepsiCo to win.
This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for a digital agenda as you will play a critical role in innovating and driving our future business. The key to this role is being able to take a strategic and collaborative consultative approach in order to bring others on board with your ideas. You'll have very strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of customers, internal partners & stakeholders.
This is a critical & high profile role within the eCommerce strategy to lead a huge commercial agenda, balancing growth plans with our business & our commercial aspirations - it's a terrific platform to make an impression and a real impact on the business.
What you'll get up to
- Strategically grow our Amazon business across all existing & future platforms (Amazon.co.uk, Pantry, Prime Now & Fresh)
- Own P&L for Amazon business - integrating into wider customer teams teams as key supplier into Amazon platforms
- Own customer relationships to be a trusted advisor, creating partnerships which have long term aspirations to be strategic alliances with retailers
- Be the eCommerce lead into commercialization function for customization initiatives to adapt range onto Amazon to leverage unique shopper needs - primarily focused on Amazon, with an eye on wider eCommerce customer opportunities
- Lead marketing initiatives with Amazon Media Group, partnering with UK Digital Marketing leads, media agencies & relevant stakeholders in Amazon. Proving our ROI of Amazon media & aligning with ESSA analytics team on its role for effective brand activation
- Lead eCommerce & marketing initiatives across ESSA markets to re-deploy learnings & maximize cross market opportunities (e.g. Prime Now #gameready activations that ran across all UCL markets this year)
- Lead the evaluation of new eCommerce opportunities in Amazon & wider digital customers building credible, specific online Joint Business Plans
- Accountable to Global eCommerce team as a key pillar to meet 2020 global eCommerce sales targets, reporting on performance and actions every month
- Work with US Amazon team to share learnings, approach & re-deploy key initiatives into UK & ESSA markets as required
- Strategically develop our Amazon business beyond a retail channel, maximizing technology opportunities (e.g. Echo, Dash, Go etc.)
Your experience and ability
- Solid experience managing a complex customer relationship with multiple internal & external stakeholders
- Direct experience managing customer relationship with Amazon or similar emerging business model (e.g. Discounters) a must
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid digital trading experience, understanding all the commercial levers to drive performance (Range, Price, Experience, Marketing)
- Solid commercial acumen to manage both our internal operational agenda & strategic growth objectives
- Strong communication skills to work across multiple internal markets & stakeholders and a wide range of stakeholders across channels, Media & Technology
- Ability to set & deliver a new agenda - Driving smart innovation, conceptual thinking & strategic execution
- Ability to strategically frame opportunity & codify & share learnings across wide group of internal stakeholders
- Inspire others - ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver
- Entrepreneurial approach to deliver in the right way for PepsiCo
The stand out candidate would:
- Have a proactive & entrepreneurial mindset to identify & deliver the right opportunities for PepsiCo growth - Embody collaboration, integrity & trust
- Have solid matrix leadership skills to motivate a wide ranging audience & clearly manage execution
- Outstanding experience managing a large & growing business - previous experience must include working with / for Amazon or similar emerging business model (e.g. discounters)
Why PepsiCo UK?
PepsiCo UK are home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products including; Walkers, Doritos, Tropicana, Quaker, Naked Juice and many more. We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love; through innovation and strategic marketing of our products. We've launched a huge number of break-through products and exciting campaigns, which keep us at the fore-front of the industry. Our achievements have been recognised in the 2016 AGS report where we achieved the No.1 spot.
Careers at PepsiCo
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of our UK vacancies being filled by internal promotions, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning.