Foodservice Marketing Manager (Channel Marketing)- Massive Branded Business
The Client- Foodservice Division
Multi-Billion, Pioneering, Passionate, High Growth and Highly Strategic; these are just a few adjectives to describe the FMCG business we are representing. They operate across several food areas of the OOH & Foodservice market and they stand at either number 1st or 2nd in every specific category in which they operate. Their 5 year plan is simple and yet immeasurably challenging, to transform the very way in which their Categories are “defined” and “shopped” by the retailer and consumer alike. In order to achieve these, they are seeking to appoint a real strategic bigger hitter within the Foodservice, Cash & Carry Channel.
The Role Foodservice
As Foodservice Marketing Manager, you will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally and externally to the business. Your short-term goals will be 2 years out, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date. Working at close quarters with the Group Category Director, Group Marketing Director and respective Divisional MD’s your plans will form the “Brand/Consumer Compass” for the business to set its course. Upon successful achievements of your goals, your career within the group will take you to a Senior Level position. Key of Fundamentals of the role will be:
- To manage and address all levels of performance including sales, promotional expenditure, cost of goods, marketing and trade marketing and management of overheads in conjunction with the relevant functional heads.
- To identify opportunities and risks and to manager performance accordingly
- Strategic and Annual Planning/Portfolio Development
- Agree research based Brand positioning (s) and need states addressed by brand portfolio and ensure that this remains relevant and distinctive.
- Identify and manage margin enhancing product development requirements and deliver these through development and cross functional teams
- Lead monthly growth meetings to ensure resolution of issues
- Lead functional head of marketing teams to launch of all new product variants on time and within budget and communication of new products both internally and externally (to trade in conjunction with Category Management)
- Identify areas for development and cost saving across the portfolio and action e.g. sku rationalisation
- Review product quality from factory at regular intervals and action changes to ensure quality is maintained.
Matrix Leadership, Massive NPD & Budgetary Control
- Management of all elements of direct expenditure within the P&L
- Agreement with other Board Level counterparts on appropriate levels of spend and investment to maximise the profitable growth of the brand.
- Budget Achievement
- Provide clear and visible leadership of the portfolio of responsibility
- Motivating cross-functional team & external agencies to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ensuring clear communication of responsibilities and milestones flagging and taking corrective action when appropriate
- Drive internal business to maximise capacity and capability to ensure all brand opportunities are met, eg. Capital spend and line efficiency projects
- Drive external suppliers to maximise quality of output to drive brand performance in the marketplace
- Drive Huge NPD Change Agenda
The ideal candidate will have exposure to classical Consumer or Category/Customer Marketing within in Leading Branded Business, ideally with exposure to the Foodservice, Cash & Carry Channel.
The client is also willing to encourage candidates who may have started their career in Brand or NPD marketing, before moving to more Trade/Category based roles.
Furthermore the client is open to candidates who may have developed Senior Marketing skills within a Foodservice Retailer/Supplier. Not for the faint hearted, you will ready for your biggest challenge to date.