Senior National Account Manager- (Waitrose)- Exciting FMCG Brands
As one of Europe's Leading privately owned Food Businesses, our client is a Brand Leader in several product areas across many EU markets. They have realised their strategic goals by growing through both strong organic development combined with Rapid and Strong Entry into New Markets. One of the keys to growth has been their ability to drive a Growth agenda with the National Accounts; and in doing so establish a Best in Class National Account Manager teams'. Operating within divisional company structure has meant that their products range is now gaining huge traction in the markret offering Brands of High Provenance & Exceptional Quality.
The Role- Senior National Account Manager
Reprorting initially to the Account Director and working closely with a the Controller you will take full P&L accountability for the Waitrose Account.
Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Managing & Building New Business
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- All below relate to Branded Product Areas.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Candidate Requirements- Senior National Account Manager
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Account Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “dynamic” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees the opportunity to forge their career development based upon both their Innate Potential combined with the UK Market Growth of the Business.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Brand or Retailer Branded National Accounts; additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic Junior candidates currently working directly at the Jnr NAM level. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.