Sales and business development - several roles
We are a rapidly growing and highly unique chocolate manufacturer, changing the face of chocolate and creating an iconic brand of the future. We have big plans and are looking for people to join us on the journey.
Willie Harcourt-Cooze is a cocoa farmer and the UK’s pioneer of ‘bean to bar’ chocolate making. We use the great single estate cacaos to make some of the best chocolate in the world. Fine cacaos are like fine wines, each with its own unique flavour and character. We are all about these beautiful flavours so we never add vanilla or soya lecithin, and take up to 18 days to make our chocolate in small batches, when industrial chocolate is made in just a couple of hours.
Most unusually we can sell this exceptional quality chocolate everywhere from top department stores, delicatessens, natural food stores, gift shops and Michelin star restaurants, to supermarkets, foodservice and chains of cafes like Café Nero, because we buy the beans directly from the farmers and make everything ourselves. We are reinventing premium mass market chocolate in c. 30 countries around the world.
We are building a sales team that is ambitious, entrepreneurial and able to deliver significant growth. We have opportunities for recent graduates as well as for experienced sales managers. In every role there will be a lot of variety
- significant emphasis on securing new customers as well as developing sales with our existing ones
- in the UK we are in many sales channels: supermarkets, cafes, foodservice, independent fine food / health / gift stores, department stores and non-traditional channels. You would work across these and with our export customers according to your experience and business priorities.
- you will need to travel to visit customers to go to trade fairs both in the UK and potentially abroad
Who you are
We are looking to build a team with a wide range of experience across multiple sales channels. So you may be a graduate passionate about food, or expert in any channel. More important than the customers you have sold to, we are looking for people who want to really make their mark and who
- will really love the chocolate and enjoy telling people about it. You take real pleasure in food and flavour so you are convincing in explaining to people why we are different
- are highly talented and can show evidence of having developed significant long term sales with both new and existing customers
- enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, informal environment, where rapid change and ambiguity is normal
- are probably degree educated with strong commercial acumen
- are highly organised and able to manage your own time and prioritise lots of different projects.
- are self motivated with drive, passion, high standards and ambition
Please email with your cv, together with covering letter, details of your current / desired salary etc and where you are located / how you would prefer to work.