National Account Manager
National Account Manager
Bakery. In-Store Grocery
Highly competitive basic plus 25% bonus (uncapped), healthcare car, and benefits
My client is an independent, international bakery manufacturer and distributor with a global presence serving over 40, 000 customers across the B2B, Foodservice and Grocery sectors.
Their reputation within the industry as both an employer and supplier is unrivalled.
Specialising in European and American style pastry and bakery ingredients and frozen specialties, they pride themselves on supplying the highest quality products and service to their customers while remaining true to the founding principles of a family-run company.
As part of their on-going growth and expansion they have asked Scout & Maven to help them attract an ambitious dynamic senior sales manager to strengthen and expand existing relationships and identify and develop new commercial opportunities and avenues of growth within the Grocery sector
Working within the UK and Ireland commercial team, the Sales Account Manager will develop and maintain sales of the company’s product range, seek out new business opportunities, while managing current business activities at a National Account level.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Commercial development.
- To develop effective joint business plans for key customers.
- Achieve budgeted sales and margin targets.
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities to deliver profitable sales.
- Manage all assigned accounts effectively and profitably.
- To continuously improve knowledge of the industry.
- Develop key internal customer relationships - Commercial / NPD / Supply Chain / Marketing / Participate in S&OP.
- Optimise commercial potential and maximise profitability within existing accounts as well as identifying and developing new channels and clients
- To ensure effective sales analysis on relevant area of responsibility and complete reports / sales funnel as required.
- Promote any company products via attendance at company trade shows and exhibitions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the Food Industry ideally within the In-Store Bakery sector
- Experience in Own Brand and Branded product sales
- Willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Team player.
- Entrepreneurial flair
This role offers an exciting opportunity for to reflect ambition, drive and commercial flair within a thriving, innovative organisation in return for outstanding rewards both financially and professionally.
If you think you are looking for a flourishing career within a market leading organisation we need to have a conversation!