Head of Sales - design-led brand
Head of Sales, design-led brand
£70,000 - £80,000 + commission
A leading design-led brand is looking for an ambitious Head of Sales to join their team. This is a great company to work for; their products are fantastic, they have strong links with most retailers and they have a very happy team. They are now looking for that special person to come on board to help take their sales to the next level!
You will have already been a highly successful Head of Sales / Sales Manager for some years, ideally generating +£20m sales (trade). You will have sold in to all well-known high-street retailers, from the grocers to independents, and will have experience of working with online retailers too.
You must have a proven ability to motivate a sales team, a proven ability to foster strong customer relationships and will be highly competent at the numbers side of the position too. Working with export markets and distributor channels is a must here too.
In addition to this (yes, we want it all!) is your personality! You must be open, positive and ambitious. You must love what you do and this must be evident. You will be a natural leader, an amazing motivator and help maintain the “up for it” and positive nature of the business.
So, as Head of Sales, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering revenue in 2017/18 and beyond.
The following three attributes are vital:
- Deliver and report the budget forecast and actual numbers to directors accurately and regularly.
- Manage and motivate the sales team, including a remote sales team in USA.
- Deliver UK, on-line and international revenue growth.
Other important aspects of the role include:
- Margin measurement by account manager.
- Sales analysis by channel.
- Grow our current domestic sales base by driving further growth from key relationships such as John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, ASOS etc.
- Deliver Amazon growth worldwide.
- Support our US Sales Manager to deliver an ambitious US Sales plan over both large multiples and independent base.
- Drive international growth from Europe, with particular focus on Germany and France.
- Build a more effective Distributor channel from some eight distributors today.
- Input to negotiations over rebates, discounts, mark down contributions etc so that we have a consistent policy across the whole business.
- Contribute ideas on product that best reflects customer aspirations.
- Manage our presence on trade show days. Maximise return from shows in terms of customer invitations and post show leads.
- Work closely with the Customer Services Manager.
As Head of Sales, you will have:
- Proven sales management skills at driving sales growth – i.e a high achiever.
- Proven experience of export and distributors.
- Knowledge of more modern sales channels, eg Amazon and our website.
- Accurate and timely reporting of sales budgets, forecast and actuals.
- Able to run a trade show stand and supporting team.
- Embrace the company culture and positively contribute.
- Positive contributor to Senior Management Board.
- Experience of managing a team generating +£20m sales (trade)
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please apply today or email Louisa Mordaunt directly.