Senior Category Manager
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to cover a maternity until November 2017. The interim Senior Category Manager will initiate and implement an effective category management strategy with either our Asda or Tesco partners.
Working internally & externally with Sales Team & Brand Revenue Strategy to deliver Distribution & Merchandising Objectives & building strong relationships with Retail/Wholesale Partners in order to maximise Burton’s Trade influence.
No day-rate applicants please, this role will have a fixed term pro rata salary.
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for:
Category Planning with Retailer
- Development and implementation of merchandising initiatives including production of planograms where relevant
- Driving Retailer thinking internally & externally: Assessment & evaluation of category & retailer brand strategies, recommendations for improvement & opportunity at a macro strategic level based on winning Shopper Insights
- Driving long Term Category Vision & Store of The Future initiatives with Asda
- Data analysis and interpretation, turning the information into compelling insights & actions on a category wide basis as well as specific opportunities which will tangibly benefit BBCo.
- Proactive Identification of key actions and issues to address
- Identification & quantification of NPD & retailer brand opportunity gaps
- Creation/Adaptation of compelling selling stories to securing BBCo agenda at macro & product level to gain retailer commitment
- Provide regular category and market updates to the internal & external buying team, highlighting key insights and actions.
- Ensure absolute alignment with agreed BBCo business strategies & plans for both retailer brand and branded.
- Work with Customer Planning & Activation teams to ensure absolute alignment across both areas in front of our customers
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Min 3 years relevant Category Management / Customer Marketing experience in Top 4 retailer
- Track record of success in FMCG with a branded manufacturer. Snacking experience a real advantage. Exposure to all parts of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of developing category relationships, participating in range reviews, developing rationale for new listings and distribution increases.
- Some experience within sales or (trade) marketing would be an advantage to demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Competent at analysing and interpreting data to formulate clear commercial strategies and identifying opportunities.
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of UK retailer strategy and operating environment.
Why Burton’s Biscuit Company
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone – the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a ‘treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short listed for an interview.