Head of Retail
To be guardian and champion of the airline customer’s retail business- working cross-functionally to draw on the Centre’s of excellence throughout the business with the aim of driving revenues and profits of the retail offering on the airline account.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business casing, competitor analysis, proposal and presentation of Retail pricing (working with the price and promotions manager)
- Daily, weekly and periodic SPH monitoring and briefing of required actions to range managers (and/or P&P manager)
- Preparation of KPI pack and commentary plus attendance at weekly Trading meeting and monthly finance reviews for the account
- Preparation for and attendance at the Cabin services Revenue meeting
- Design and communication/implementation of incentives (working with crew training team)
- Design, forecasting and implementation of promotions
- Management of events and crew training activity such as Academy awards, CSBM meetings and crew sample boxes
- Oversight and management of the Magazine process and strategic direction (along with marketing team)
- Coordination of content, design and execution of the FYI guide (along with crew training team)
- “Filtering” of airline requests to enable a concise and clear brief for product and promotions to be given to the range managers and P&P manager throughout the range period, as well as doing the same for range strategy
- Briefing of range managers of strategy requirements for range changes
- Design and management of promo calendar, commercial calendar and range change schedule and subsequently brief all affected parties
- Champion the multichannel proposition for the airline within the retail proposition team internally; managing airline stakeholders to ensure all requirements are captured as well as being the voice of the airline at internal multichannel development forums.
- A degree level education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within retail- either travel, ecommerce or high street
- Exposure and knowledge of omni-channel retailing and ecommerce platforms/channels
- Trading responsibility for a category or retail business, to hit budgeted KPIs
Language / Communication Skills:
- Fluent English plus another European language would be desirable though not essential.