Category Manager - Waitrose (FT Contract)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading branded food manufacturers who has major within the ambient food arena.
Their brands are currently in YOY growth and their category, marketing, innovations and sales departments are being heavily invested in.
As a business they are able to offer you a high level of autonomy and a team focussed culture. If you are looking for a role where you can make a big impact then this could be the one for you!
On their behalf we are seeking a Category Manager to join them on a fixed term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
- Reporting directly to the Category Controller
- Responsible for developing the category strategy with a grocery multiple and discount customers
- Reviewing category performance and data management - ensuring that the category vision of segmentation is correctly represented in business reporting and across the data providers
- Understanding of competitors in the category
- Identifying opportunities and developing category focused sell-in stories
- Delivering commercial propositions and identifying point of buying solutions
- You will have the ability to look at consumer needs as a source of inspiration, with proven sales and marketing experience and a track record of achievement.
- Your approach must be very analytical in order to influence the category agenda.
- A forward thinking, flexible attitude is vital and you must have the drive and resilience to succeed and be able to work from you own initiative.
- You will have proven category management experience working within a branded FMCG business.
- The role will involve cross functional team working therefore the ability to successfully develop and maintain relationships by adopting a collaborative working style is crucial.
If you do not hear back within 7 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.