Sales and Commercial Manager
JW Lees have an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Commercial Manager to join the sales division and be based from our Greengate Brewery in Manchester. This unique role will be working alongside the Director of Sales to drive the commercial side of the business which will include marketing and promotional activities, supplier support, strategic action planning, margin analysis and new business analysis with the aim of increasing sales and profitability within the sales division. Would you like the opportunity to work for a sixth generation, award winning, independent family Brewery?
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding position working within a record-breaking sales team where we can confidently say that “no two days will be the same” then this role will be of interest to you. We are looking for someone special who has the right attitude, results driven and can think on their feet but more importantly make those key decisions. If you want to be part of a fast-paced department and are looking for a company who will offer you more then look no further.
The opportunity to work for JW Lees is very appealing and with the high retention at the Brewery this makes our vacancies here even more unique as they don’t often become available. This is a new senior role within the sales team and we are looking for someone who can play a vital part in the ongoing success of the sales division by making sure that profitable growth is achieved year on year.
- Strong business and commercial awareness. (Essential)
- Confident decision maker (Essential)
- Highly analytical (Essential)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office. Advanced knowledge of Excel. (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal. (Essential)
- Experience within a customer support function (Essential)
- Driving Licence – This role is based centrally at our Brewery, however as and when is required you will need to attend meetings and events. (Essential)
- Analyse and process all new business submissions ensuring they adhere to company KPI’s, with the emphasis on delivering maximum margin and profitability for JW Lees.
- Carry out margin analysis and formulate action plans to optimise sales and margin for the division.
- Provide reports to the Director of Sales to support project work and product launches.
- Weekly analysis of sales statistics to add value to the performance review process.
- To support the Director of Sales in the effective management of the sales team.
- Be an effective link between the sales division and Internal Support Functions (Customer Service, Purchasing, Marketing, Technical services, Finance and Distribution).
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to deliver a sales support package that exceeds customers expectations.
- Take ownership of sales projects as requested by the Director of Sales.
- Analyse and process all repackaging requests regarding the retention and development of the existing account base.
- Negotiating with third party brand owners so that JW Lees can offer the best value-added support to our customers.
- Take ownership of all customer focused trade and sponsorship events and promotional brochures.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
- Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
- Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
- Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
- Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
- Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
- Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.