FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - GRADUATE
Food Technologist Graduate
Location: West Lothian
This privately-owned food manufacturer supply directly to retail customers across the UK and are now expanding into international markets. Due to the addition of some new accounts, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a graduate with a food-related degree with at least a years’ experience in Writing Full Product Specifications, within a food manufacturing environment.
In this role you will ensure a professional technical relationship between the company and the retailer’s Technical Managers. You will create robust, rigorous specifications for ingredients, process, products and packaging to enable replication of consistent superior product quality.
- Convert technical specifications into pack copy incorporating all technical information and claims, ensuring all consumer facing data meets all regulatory standards.
- Act as first point of contact for all own label technical queries / issues.
- Work professionally with NPD and Marketing teams to ensure that own label specification and product requirements are answered accurately and promptly.
- Understand and develop people networks required to ensure that complete and validated information is available to be inputted into specifications.
- Attend taste panel and product development meetings at own label retailers.
- Trend and analyse own label finished product microbiological & nutritional analysis results.
- Support the site QA team in achieving excellent own label audit scores.
- At least 1 years’ experience working within food manufacturing
- Experience working with retailer’s own label products is desired.
- Degree in a food-related discipline (required).
- Experience working as part of a technical team.
- Knowledge of Specifications Systems, Regulatory and Food Manufacturing Standards.
The candidate must be experienced in producing specifications within a food manufacturing environment. Additionally, an excellent level of communication skills, both written and verbal is required. A self-starter who can work under your own initiative is desirable along with a high level of personal organisation.
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to be considered for this position forward your CV today for more information or call Juntao on 0113 205 4970.
Apply for FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - GRADUATE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly