Senior Buyer FTC – 6 months
Responsible for purchasing requirements, management of strategic purchasing decisions and target stock holdings and being a key player in the Senior Management team.
A leading food supplier in the UK and Europe. The organisation is valued for their work ethic within the FMCG world which has helped with their continued growth. They promote internal progression for individuals with potential and are looking to recruit a commercial purchasing professional for a Fixed Term Contract.
- To ensure the procurement of specific Food ingredients are at the lowest cost for the quantity, quality, and delivery requirements of the Group.
- The effective and efficient analysis, planning, organisation, implementation and control of stock and service replenishment and stock and service level activities with the objective of maintaining stock and service of the right quantity in the right location at the required time
- The development and control of the appropriate Food Ingredients within the Company’s product portfolio.
- Management of the Procurement of Food Ingredients as assigned, their development and cost reduction and control.
- Plan organise, and co-ordinate purchasing activities in support of the Groups requirements and objectives.
- To manage the purchasing and tracking of their food ingredients in line with the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Accountable for the contracting, planning, organising, training, co-ordination, and leadership of their specific Food Ingredients, with appropriate support
- Direct and co-ordinate MRP requirements and processes in line with the established or agreed parameters.
- Develop common purchasing policies, procedures and frameworks.
- Create long-range purchasing plans and strategies including risk assessment of suppliers.
- Measure and manage supplier performance through effective working relationships.
- Identify and achieve cost reductions through the application of best purchasing practice and techniques.
- Ensure that contracts for all products are advantageous to the company’s long-term profitability.
- Maximise the use and development of SAP in the key functions of Materials Management
- Support fully the efforts of other departments in achieving their objectives.
- Attend and contribute to meetings that directly relate to the scope of the position.
- Initiate corrective actions to ensure objectives and requirements achieved.
- Responsible for developing and managing inventory, purchasing and strategies.
- Analyses, reviews and actions all sourcing decisions relating to the specific Food Ingredients assigned, which includes the regular review of current processes.
- Purchasing experience in a wide range of activities central to the purchasing function but widely connected to other commercial activities.
- Ideally from an FMCG background.
- Preferred experience of buying commodities.
- Member, Associate or student of the CIPS, or at minimum should hold or be working to the CIPS foundation level of purchasing and supply qualification.
- Fully understand the SAP purchasing system and its relationship to the various ‘interfacing’ systems as well as a full working knowledge of the buying departments systems and procedures.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080
Apply for Senior Buyer FTC – 6 months
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly