Account Manager - Foodservice
My client, a well-known Foodservice manufacturing business are looking to add a talented, ambitious Account Manager - Foodservice to their sales team.
My client are a well-established, national foodservice manufacturing business. They pride themselves on excellent service to their customers and are continuing to grow. They have a large portfolio of clients, a very successful UK Operation HQ'd in the South East England with some superb offices, branding and dynamic approach to Foodservice.
They turnover around £70 Million per annum and the business is growing nicely, with growth around 15% year on year.
They have some very strong and well known brands and supply these to a number of well-known end users and foodservice wholesalers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a very well-established team and picking up some excellent accounts. You will work closely with the director and have some P&L responsibility. You will negotiate and meet buyers and will be part of the final decision. This is a great move for someone looking to grow their career and become a National Account Manager and Senior National Account Manager in the future.
This position will report to the Sales Manager and will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of specific client account plans; achieving account profitability and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact & providing account leadership to ensure client satisfaction and long term continuity of supply.
You will manage a number of accounts including Bidvest, Brakes and a number of smaller end users. You will have direct contact with senior members of their teams, along with buyers.
The Account Manager - Foodservice will be responsible for:
- To take responsibility for individual portfolio of central accounts ensuring that company profitability, customer requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Implement, monitor, report & forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin in order to maximise future performance.
- Responsible for the achievement of individual customer account plans which identify key activities and priorities in line with the company strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain client account plan to maximise profitability. Annually review plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- P&L of the accounts, working alongside the Sales Manager, you will have responsibility but not full sign off for the P&L
- Achievement of both departmental and personal targets.
- Maintain a high level of customer service, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. Through building strong relationships across all areas of clients business.
- Maintain regular communication with key external contacts to identify and resolve issues whilst selling new initiatives within existing customer base.
- Manage delivery of performance reporting and any other analysis to the client.
- Personally manage each client relationship whilst through the business encourage the development of a positive working relationship across all departments
- Work with other departments as required to ensure that budgeted sales targets, account profitability, customer satisfaction and retention are achieved across portfolio.
The Account Manager - Foodservice must have a lot of passion for food and is an individual looking to take their career to the next level, the candidate must:
- Good experience managing regional accounts
- Experience within Foodservice
- Currently working as a Regional Account Manager / Sales Executive / Territory Account Manager role
- Be a self-starter with strong communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate a lot of personal drive, ambition and energy
- Be able to establish a good rapport with an array of stakeholders
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Excellent negotiation skills
- First rate communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Organised and effective time planner
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Competitive bonus Scheme
Home based contract
Other company benefits
Based in South West of England, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey or Oxfordshire