Senior National Account Manager Grocery Interim Contract
Competitive basic (FTC) / day rate
London head office
Part of a family business that has developed into a multi-divisional, fast moving, innovative food business with a turnover in excess of £600m and employing over 1700 people in the UK, Europe & Asia Pacific. Each of our divisions are unique, offering different challenges and exciting career opportunities.
We have an informal style and believe in pushing responsibility and accountability down to the local level. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing each of our colleagues and in providing an environment where all colleagues can achieve their full potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Have lead responsibility for key national customers; within the UK, this will be a Top 3 multiple retailer.
- Be the main point of contact for these accounts, developing and maintaining effective relationships with the customer at all levels, specifically with the relevant Category Buyer and cross-functionally.
- The role of the National Account Manager includes, but is not limited to forecasting, price negotiation, full profit and loss (P&L) responsibility of key accounts, budgeting, category management, shopper marketing and logistics.
- This role will also typically involve elements of business development, whether opening new trading relations or gaining new listings, SKU's, NPD within existing accounts, with the aim of maintaining or increasing profit margin, turnover, volume, distribution and market share.
- Financial responsibilities will include for accurate forecasting across the portfolio i.e. cost, price, and volume
- Undertake data entry and administrative activities e.g. complete New Line Forms, Promotional proposals, update the Budget Tracker etc
- Take responsibility for key business projects e.g. NPD on point responsibility;
- Work closely with the Commercial Director, Sales Director and Category Controller to ensure effective delivery of the commercial strategy;
- Responsible for creating and negotiating effective joint business plans with key customers.
- Maintain effective communication between the sales team and other commercial/operation functions through regular performance updates and information sharing;
ABOUT YOU: You will have a wealth of previous experience in a National Account position, and have a 'hit the ground running' ethos.
- Be of graduate calibre with branded FMCG experience;
- Have proven sales experience - likely to be currently be in a SNAM/NAC role as an interim with a wealth of experience ideally within the food industry
- Possess a good understanding of the UK Grocery Trade.
Apply for Senior National Account Manager Grocery Interim Contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly