The Buying and merchandising division of Exsurgo is recruiting a Merchandising role for a growing retailer.
Exsurgo is currently supporting a retail business due to their rapid growth. They are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join their team and to support the merchandising function for the business in order to ensure that all relevant stakeholders have accurate data which can directly, proactively and consistently inform decisions relating to maximising profitability and contributing to overall business strategy and growth.
This role will also support the Head of Merchandising to ensure that the buying function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are to enable the necessary degree of both long-term planning and in-season trading to maximise business performance.
• Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas
• Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
• Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
• Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re-forecasts
• Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
• Recommends promotions and re-buys as necessary
• Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
• Ensures that best-sellers reach their full potential
• Supplies the Head of Merchandising and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning.
Processes and department development
• Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business via Head of Merchandising as appropriate.
• Works closely with the Head of Merchandising at a strategic level within buying and merchandising and translates strategy to implementation.
Communication and relationship building
• Builds effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data.
• Ensures productive relationship between merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the design and accounts teams.
• Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents when necessary at high-level meetings as requested by the Director’s (in absence of Head of Merchandising).
If you feel that you have the right skill set for the role of this experienced Merchandiser and looking to join a business at an exciting time due to expansion and growth then please do apply!
Apply for Merchandiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly