New Business Manager - Fresh Fayre
New Business Manager (FMCG) – Home Based
- As a New Business Manager reporting to the National Account Controller, within the highly successful Fresh Fayre National & Corporate Sales Team, your overall challenge will be to gain new profitable business across all business sectors and achieve/exceed our budget requirements.
- The pipeline customer base will be high profile regional and national corporate with estimated annual revenues in excess of £1m. These prospects are some of the most important prospects in our division.
- The role needs a strong sales person who adopts a skilled approach to managing and owning a matrix team approach which ensures that opportunities to win and deliver success with prospect customers are realised.
- To be successful you will have intimate knowledge of the foodservice industry ideally within a distributor environment, strong financial acumen, high energy levels, and a hunger for exceeding customer expectations and be really passionate about great food.
- You will also be passionate about developing the new business process to ensure success is delivered by winning our core competency categories and ensuring that Fresh Fayre becomes an industry leading ‘go to’ supplier. The role involves developing a really deep understanding of the top market opportunities by attending industry functions and networking events alongside regular high level customer engagement to build a compelling customer insight database.
- Additionally through taking ownership of the pipeline, you will build effective cross-functional internal and external business relationships which will translate into the development and presentation of innovative customer solutions. This is all measured through the setting and achievement of demanding new business KPI's in line with our commitment of being ‘Delivered with Pride’.
- Taking responsibility for the performance of a defined prospect pipeline and sales results to achieve budget.
- Working with your matrix team colleagues to deliver tender submissions and mobilise new business.
- The ability to remain calm and effective within pressured circumstances.
- Be fully supportive and contribute toward the new business objectives, principles and strategic initiatives.
- Proven track record in delivering against demanding financial and non financial targets especially within a new business generation environment.
- To provide clarity, focus, and on going development of the sector propositions and strategy through the effective planning and execution of on going new business plan with weekly management progress reviews.
- The analytical capability to fully understand and recommend a P&L modelling process in conjunction with Finance heads for all new pipeline business.
- The ability to engage in high level questioning to build knowledge of customer needs/buying behaviour to develop bespoke offerings and educate the development of the sector propositions.
- Have the skill set and adaptability to be engaging in order to positively influence senior level customers.
- A natural entrepreneur, able to convey and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions; you will also have that key skill of building rapport with potential customers.