Health & Safety Coordinator
6 days left
- Contract Type
Health & Safety Coordinator
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient 'food to go', prepared salads and fruit, bagged salads as well as "dressed salads" such as coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Health and Safety team as a Health and Safety Coordinator. Health and Safety is at the heart of our business, we take our colleagues wellbeing seriously and ensure the highest levels of quality and safety for our customers too.
Your primary responsibility in this role will be practically support one of our sites regarding the safety of both our full time permanent employees and agency staff. The role will include the update of job task risk assessments and training cards through to practical application.
Here's a bit more detail:-
* Ensure that risk assessments and subsequent controls accurately reflect the jobs our employees and agency staff perform, review as things change in the operations
* Ensure that task based training cards reflect the controls identifies in risk assessment and refresh as things change
* Support the shifts by ensuring the application of training cards
* Train operation staff in the safe ways of working in their role
You're passionate about safety with a keen eye for detail and the ability to talk to people at all levels of a business. You will need to be happy working within our factory environment and have a general understanding of health and safety practices.
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:-
* Good understanding of manufacturing and used to working a shift patter
* IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Good time management and prioritisation skills
* Confidence and ability to train others
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:-
* A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
* Company pension
* 22 shifts holiday
* Healthcare package
* Life Assurance policy
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Exclusive online benefits and discounts
About the office location:-
Commuting here is a breeze! All three sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You'll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We always love to hear from great people too, so don't forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.