Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
2 week rolling Panama Shift Pattern 7 - 7 (days and nights)
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient 'food to go' such as prepared salad and fruit, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from three sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity in our fast paced and high performing Engineering team for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer. We understand the importance of Engineering within our business and these roles are integral to ensuring that projects and improvements are continuously driven throughout the sites. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
Here's a bit more detail:
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company's health and safety and environmental policies.
- To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to a high standard.
You're an experienced Engineer with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business and thrive in pressurised and challenging environments. We're looking for a strong team player who also has the ability to work autonomously and manage a busy workload. Ideally you will have worked in a similar manufacturing or food production environment and have a strong electrical and mechanical background including relevant qualifications.
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:-
- A recognized electrical qualification, i.e. City & Guild or NVQ qualifications, or a time served apprentice
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance, both in efficiency and quality
- Good analytical problem-solving approach and numerical capability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 22 shifts holiday
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
About the office location
Commuting here is a breeze! All three sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You'll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We always love to hear from great people too, so don't forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.