Commercial Director - Operations
Commercial Director - Operations
Freemans are now looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join the business to further their successes and continue to grow this exciting business.
Details about the Client
Freemans Event Partners has been supporting and enhancing the best events in the UK and Europe for over 40 years. From a couple of outlets, we've grown to a business that reaches over 15 million people each year at over 400 events. We operate across five business divisions, from Catering, Bars and Technology provision and entire Concessions and Logistics operations.
Often described as the backbone of our business, our logistics team sources and supplies products to all our event partners across the UK. This experienced team provides the best products from the UK's biggest brands, so event-goers can buy their favourite food and drink at every event.
Knowledgeable and efficient, we work with key brand partners to deliver effective solutions across all five divisions of the business. We may be process driven, but our customers are at the centre of what we do and we use our supply chain expertise to deliver a flexible product offering and delivery options.
Detailed Job Description
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- To oversee the daily running of the department, ensuring the delivery of business goals.
- Assist and guide the team to identifying new market opportunities, determining the optimal pricing levels to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing procurement operations.
- To provide visible and strategic leadership.
- Oversee the development of the overall procurement strategy and implementation of best practice initiatives
- Ensuring customer retention remains high and encourage new business growth.
- Provide tailor-made advice, recommendations and support services to existing and potential new customers
- Further develop existing and future, high value and complex supplier contracts.
- Oversee the identification, nurturing and closing of new sales opportunities within a defined account base
- Provide regular and clear insight to internal/external stakeholders and end users regarding solutions and capabilities, thereby understanding business expectations
- Asses all proposals, tenders to ensure both retention of existing business and successful on boarding of new business, providing recommendation for group sign off
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging markets, market trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, delivering opportunities for next generation solutions
- Develop and optimise existing event solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, which includes sign off of each event P&L
- Interact closely with the direct reports and Director, to gather, monitor and analyse the performance of the team and division
- Ensure all debts are recovered in agreed te
- People management and P&L experience
- Exposure/experience to sales, logistics and procurement sectors within an operation
- Demonstrable track record within B2C environment
- Experience of managing accounts and relationships for multiple clients
- Experience of presenting to clients at a senior management level
- Must be driven, motivated and used to working within a challenging environment
- A finisher, by nature with an ability to know how to close a deal
- Must be strong at account retention and growth;
- Ability to analyse results, identify and explain any variance from targets;
- An ability to present bespoke proposals that meet customers' needs
- Good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationship
- In addition to this you will have strong leadership, people development and interpersonal skills
- Able to commute to Gloucester head office
What's on offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGC13815190Z
Apply for Commercial Director - Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly