Business Development/Export Manager
Are you a people person?
Do you have a proven track record of growing sales?
Are you confident, proactive and self-motivated?
Are you seeking a new challenge in a growing business?
Does success excite you?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, then we would love to hear from you as we have a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, and growing business as a Business Development Manager.
Our client is an export wholesaler & distributor of European grocery brands to international market. They already represent some iconic British brands and are in the process of launching a number of exciting house brands. Due to expansion plans, they are looking for an experienced business development manager to help take them further. As they are going through a period of rapid growth this will be a key role within the company which gives exposure and involvement to all areas of the business. Although the team is small, they deliver big results and promote a company culture where employees support each other in all areas.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate who has outgrown a similar role and is now keen to take on extra responsibility, and eager to make difference in a business. In return they are offering a basic salary of £24-30K depending on experience and an uncapped bonus, plus car allowance or full mileage reimbursement. The right candidate will also receive full business mileage reimbursement, a company mobile phone and laptop as well as 24 days’ annual leave excluding bank holidays.
This position will be office based in Wokingham, Berkshire and is a full-time permanent role. To be considered you must have a clean and full driving licence.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Reporting directly to the Sales Director
- Responsible for the achievement of respective budgets
- Developing business strategy and execution for exciting new house brands in both home and international markets
- Develop new international markets for the existing wholesale portfolio targeting international retailers, hotels and importers
- Regular travel to sales territories/key markets to ensure the delivery of the sales strategy by exceeding sales and margin budgets
- Come up with and develop new and innovative ideas
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Have a passion for both consumer brands and the export market
- Excellent selling skills
- Experience as national sales manager or international sales within the FMCG sector ideally food & drink.
- Will be a team player
- The ability to think strategically is essential, supported by demonstrable commercial acumen and data analysis skills.
- Have an appreciation of the demands of a fast-paced Supply Chain with a “can-do” attitude, and have some familiarity with the unique challenges that International Food Supply Chains can create.
- Must be highly organised, with an ability to work autonomously and prioritise, effectively
- A self-starter with positive, results-driven approach
- Be efficient with MS Office excel and PowerPoint at professional level
- International cultural awareness
- An additional international language would be an advantage