Business Development Manager
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (NEW BUSINESS)
Client Growth Delivered (Manufacturing), UK
Overview of the role:
Here at IRI UK, we are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager in to our CGD (Client Growth Delivered) Manufacturing New Business team, to help drive growth of our already varied client portfolio.
The Business Development Manager role demands a strong commercial approach and superb communication skills. Working with an account base of IRI’s mid-tier clients that consist of well-known household brands and FMCG manufacturers, your key focus will be to retain and grow your clients through strong relationships and the realisation of IRI’s Growth Delivered strategy.
- Revenue Generation: The main purpose of the role is to generate revenue against an existing client base and develop new business. We are looking for people with drive and tenacity to really get close to our clients and excite them about the benefits of working more with IRI UK.
- Consultative Selling: It’s about opportunity identification and conversion based on consultative selling: this is not cold calling; this role is about building relationships and helping businesses to achieve their goals with our solutions.
- Client Engagement: Engagement with customer contacts to strengthen working relationships. Identify additional stakeholders/ decision makers to enable up-selling of IRI UK.
- Joined up Company thinking: Manage the provision of data and insights to your clients with the help of an Insight Manager and utilising colleagues in the Business Insights, Client Service and the Global Operating Centre for the efficient and effective delivery of timely and accurate services.
- Profitable Revenue Growth: Profitable annual revenue growth across customer base through timely renewals and by identifying IRI Products and Services that match client needs.
- Administration: Effective, timely and accurate financial administration including maintenance of opportunities, keeping a sales pipeline up-to-date, renewing client contracts, forecasting and fulfilling internal reporting as required.
- Internal Collaboration: Collaboration with key support functions within IRI UK Global Operating Centre, Client Service, Business Insights, Analytics, Solutions & Innovation, Helpdesk, Finance etc. - in order to ensure efficient management of workload and optimum customer service experience.
- Companywide Exposure: As many of the clients do not have insight teams you will be exposed to very senior people within organisations – you will need to have gravitas and confidence to engage at a senior level.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a new business/business development role, motivated by hitting targets and driving commercial growth
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen with proven experience in a client facing role
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Highly self-motivated and assured at presenting to all levels
- Strong relationship builder, both internal and external
- Understanding of a ‘consultative selling approach’ with proven questioning and listening skills
- Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally educated to degree level
- A working knowledge of Market tracking and Insights within FMCG would be beneficial
What we do:
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help FMCG, healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market leading growth.
Where we are:
Our UK Head Office is based in Arlington Square, Bracknell. This is just a short drive from the M4 and a 10-15 minute walk from Bracknell Train Station.
Who we are:
As well as the technical skills, experience and attributes that are required for the role, our values sit at the core of our organisation. Therefore we always look for people who can continuously champion our values through-out the business within their day-to-day role:-
The ability to work as a wider team and consider the business as a whole in every action
- Personal Development:
Pro-actively seek out new ways to develop your skills and become more effective within your role
- Executional Excellence:
Superb attention to detail with the ability to plan effectively for the future
- Client Growth:
Natural ability to nurture client relationships and deliver sustainable business growth to clients
Consistently seek out new ways to approach every task/situation
Continuously challenge the way we do things and how we can make our offering different to our competitors
What working for IRI UK can do for you:
- Long-term career development in a market-leading organisation.
- Competitive salary and impressive benefit package to match.
- Working in an international company with opportunities across the UK and globally.
- Bespoke training to suit your individual needs and development.
- Friendly working environment with regular social events planned by our internal social committee through-out the year.