Category Manager (Maternity Cover), Leeds
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Category Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. The role will be working on the Asda Cheese account and will be based at our head office in Leeds reporting into a Category Controller. For this role we can consider candidates working four days a week or full time. In addition, the role will require an early start one day per week (which can be done from home) and will also require limited hours work on one in every five Sundays.
- Working closely with Asda to drive category growth in cheese through the identification and action of compelling category insight
- The successful candidate will therefore also support the relevant Category Manager, Account Manager and Marketing team internally with in depth category knowledge that allows them to make informed decisions
- All members of this customer Cat Man team take responsibility on a rota basis for running and submitting reports to the customer, this requires flexibility to work some early mornings and Sundays
- The attitude and the ability to create strong external relationships
- Capability to use data and impartial insight to back up recommendations in order to develop credibility and trust with the customer
- Experience of range reviews in one or more top 4 customers
- Strong Excel skills including advanced formulae
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable understanding of the UK retail market including channel, retailer, consumer and shopper trends
- Confidence to work on your own initiative and prioritise accordingly
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive organisation that recognises and rewards talent.