Business Development Manager | Premium Foods | Food Service End Users
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager or Account Manager with Food experience looking to further your career? If you are looking for a great business which is profitable, growing and ambitious, or maybe you wish to have more autonomy and decision making capability with multiple customers then look no further this opportunity could be the role for you.
I am working with a Premium Food business who are seeking a BDM for their Food Service End User team. They supply a wide range of high quality food products into Restaurant and Pub Groups, Hotel Chains and Contract Catering Groups.
Opportunities and challenges for the new incumbent include:
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential customers
- Increase sales and achieve budget.
- Maintain margin. Increase where possible (Not relying on FX)
- Prioritise customers by growth potential and volume.
- Develop individual account strategies to increase volumes and margins.
- Develop contacts and communication channels across the technical, development, purchasing and operations departments and utilise personnel where appropriate.
- Act positively in controlling the length and amount of credit to customers and avoid bad debt risk.
- Price co-ordination – agree and set pricing with customers (in conjunction with Line Manager), manage contracts including over riders and rebates.
- Forecasting – responsible for maintaining accurate information for direct sales.
- Obtain and evaluate information to aid decision-making.
Applicant must haves:
• National experience with major multiples in food
• Foodservice sector customer experience
• Passion for food (Demonstrations and NPD duties)
This role is home based with national travel. Must be in England with access to customers*
Package £30k + car + bonus + benefits
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833 0181.