Based either in the Midlands or Ashford, Kent area.
Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs
The HR Partner will provide proactive and flexible HR support and guidance to the assigned function/s where necessary, across relevant locations.
Covering the full spectrum of the professional areas such as resource and talent management, organisation development and design, employee engagement, performance and reward and employee relations. Continuously look at ways to improve the delivery of HR initiatives and the overall service provided by the HR function. Support organisational design activity ensuring it is appropriately designed to deliver organisation objectives in the short and long-term and that structural change is effectively embedded In line with Company values.
- To implement and co-ordinate strategies that support efficiencies and improvements within the functions.
- Involvement in broader change projects, including management of required consultation redundancies etc.
- Support the HRBP and Management Team in the development and implementation of proposed organisational changes. From concept, design, planning and implementation of the change process, ensuring the people impact is managed effectively and efficiently to deliver the right outcome for the business. Develop and deliver the cultural and organisational change required to create a One Team approach, along with maximising the benefits from the utilising engagement survey results to improve ways of working.
- Employee Relations and Management Development – To ensure all managers effectively utilise the employment relations advice line and has the relevant level of training, coaching and support in conducting disciplinaries, grievances, absence management and any performance management.
- Career and Succession Management – Identify recruitment challenges, liaising with Resourcing Partners to co-ordinate campaigns.
- Support the functions in the development of a succession plan, talent pipeline and completion of IPR process including PDPs.
- HR People Stats – To analyse HR KPI’s. Identification of trends with relevant escalation and follow through with line managers and action plans where appropriate.
- Employee Engagement – Support the Function to maximise the effectiveness of the Employee Communication Forums and individual reps. Co-ordinating and attending meetings where necessary, producing pre and post documentation and creating effective two-way informal and formal communications channels throughout the year.
- Support site management to maximise participation of Employee Engagement Survey and facilitate effective action planning throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Generalist HR and complex ER experience. Proven track record of managing a broad range of HR activities, with particular emphasis on applying commercially-oriented solutions.
- Effective, impactful and engaging communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to act on own initiative and work autonomously taking responsibility for decisions, finding practical solutions to problems and addressing challenges in tight time frames.
- Ability to lead people with tact and diplomacy. Guiding, coaching and inspiring others to reach a common end goal whist maximising engagement for individuals, functions and the depot.
- Ability to mediate, manage and resolve workplace conflict.
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate appropriately.
- Maintain the highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times and act with unyielding integrity. Acting as a role model for Brakes values.
- Up to date and in depth knowledge of current and upcoming employment law, CIPD qualified or with equivalent experience.
- People management experience desirable
- People management experience desirable.
Employing over 10,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes, independent pubs, restaurants and hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well known national chains.
Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative products and services and is committed to improving both the environment and the communities it serve