BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Salary - £35-40K depending on experience
Location: Office based in London but flexible
Established in 1999 and part of the William Jackson Food Group, the Food Doctor is about better for you eating. Our mission is to provide balanced, healthy and wholesome foods that your body will thank you for. Created with solid nutritional-know-how from the start, all of our products are made to provide the perfect dose of goodness.
2017 is an exciting time for The Food Doctor. Not only are we redeveloping some of our products to make them even better, we are also launching some new products which we are really proud of. With the new range comes a new, fresh look to our brand and packaging. Behind all this is our fantastic team who like to get stuck in and make things happen! You can find out more about our products at www.thefooddoctor.com
As we grow, we are looking for a Business Development Manager who can develop and nurture relationships across a broad range of channels and customers to support delivery of our business targets. In conjunction with the sales and marketing team, you will identify, target and secure a new customer portfolio beyond the traditional Grocery channel in line with our commercial strategy.
Your key areas of responsibility will be to:
- Scope a new channel and customer strategy for the Food Doctor brand to significantly increase our breadth of distribution outside of the traditional grocery channels including customers in Health, Leisure, Food Service, Travel, Convenience & Wholesale.
- Manage and develop strong relationships with all new customers, ensuring all aspects of the customers’ requirements are managed and delivered
- Develop proactive, positive, collaborative cross-functional relationships across The Food Doctor and William Jackson Food Group.
- Plan, agree and deliver key business targets.
- Work with the marketing and supply chain function to identify opportunities and threats within the market place, developing appropriate category and product plans to protect and enhance market performance.
- Work with customers and the internal functions in order to understand customers’ forecasts – anticipating briefs and projects – understanding seasonal and promotional activity and how this will impact on The Food Doctor.
- Continue to develop and advance commercial pricing and negotiation skills.
- Have experience in an account management or business development management role and have the ability to develop and maintain effective and efficient customer relationships.
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence that translates into the ability to forge effective working relationships at all levels.
- Have strong intellect, be an excellent communicator and negotiator.
- Desire and be capable to expand beyond function
- Enjoy selling into lots of different channels
- Be willing to travel
- Enjoy working as part of a team who all like to get stuck in and help each other out when needed
- Be passionate about our mission and the power of positive nutrition
To apply, please send covering letter and your CV