National Account Manager
National Account Manager
BerryWorld UK was established in 1994 and is the UK’s foremost soft fruit marketing company. The business has invested in its expert, dedicated international grower base for over 20 years helping to drive the growth of the UK berry market to over £1 billion at retail. We are the leading online supplier in the UK.
Our UK team adopt a category management approach to all customers, focussed on driving sustainable growth for all parties within the supply chain. With access to market leading varieties through our joint venture breeding programme BerryWorld Plus, and exclusive access to Edward Vinson varieties, BerryWorld UK’s varietal offer is second to none.
Winners of two Quality Food Awards in 2015, we have been recognised for the success of our new raspberry and blackberry varieties.
We are the fastest growing raspberry supplier in the UK market and the largest purveyor of blueberries.
Who are we looking for:
Due to substantial growth we are now looking for an experienced National Account Manager to join our dynamic sales team. You will be managing one of our premium accounts and help to drive the business forward.
We are offering:
- A very competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package including a bonus scheme, pension and private healthcare
- A modern and BerryWorld branded office environment – including a ping pong table and break out snug area.
- Lots of training and development opportunities – both professional and personal.
- Free fruit, and specifically lots of berries!
- Other benefits include a book club, regular teambuilding and social events and an employee wellbeing programme.
Your Key Accountabilities will be:
- To manage a large dynamic national account on a day to day basis
- Explore opportunities to develop and achieve increased sales growth
- Maintain and develop existing and new key relationships.
- To deliver projected product sales and volume growth.
- To ensure a comprehensive working knowledge of pricing parameters for all product ranges and varieties.
- Develop and maintain customer business plans in line with BW/customer strategy.
You will need to possess the following key skills and experience:
- At least 3 years' national account management experience
- Experience of the fresh produce industry or experience in fast moving foods
- Experience of working with the multiple retailers.
- Receptiveness to change within fast moving industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external personnel.
- Able to work within a team.
- Proven experience in sales negotiation and influencing key personnel.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Proven time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines.
- Data inputting and analysis skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
- Resilient. Accustomed to Problem Solving.
- IT skills – Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.