Export Business Development Manager
Grade – C
Salary - Competitive
Regular travel to the following sites in the UK
- Ashford, Kent – 2-3 days per month.
Come and join the number one food service company in the country…. With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for an individual to partner with new and existing wholesalers and manufactures abroad to win, grow and retain their business in line with sales targets and key metrics through establishing and executing joint business plans.
Working within a sales target driven environment with a clear ledger of existing customers. The role works alongside the Export director as part of the Export Team reporting into the Export Director. Global role with travel required across Europe, Africa and the Middle East and further afield as Export grows
The Export Team works numerous stakeholders internally whilst also influencing owners and board level stakeholders of customers/distributors. The successful individual will need to understand cultures and legislation in all countries that we export our products to as well as internal products, practices and processes that enable products to be exported outside of the UK. Typically managing a portfolio of accounts 5-12 customers/distributors accounts with a value of £6m NSV/£1.2m TM.
- To manage and grow a portfolio of customers through effective partnering and joint business planning to achieve targets. Engage with existing customers through meetings and developing tailored presentations with appropriate recommendations to develop the customer relationship and grow sales
To jointly develop, implement and monitor effective joint business plans with all customers to grow overall customer spend through the following activities
- Relationship/stakeholder management
- Commercial negotiation
- Customer board level presentations
- Consultative/solution led selling through internal support network e.g. chefs
- Overseeing implementation of changes/promises via an internal virtual team
- Continual review and support with customer and internal teams