Plant Production Scheduler
Plant Production Scheduler
Location: Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
In relation to our growth we are currently looking for a skilled and motivated Individual to join our business in a role of Plant Production Scheduler. The role is located in our headquarters in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire. If you have experience using SAP APO module, are organised, able to work in a fast moving FMCG environment and share our Passion for Flavour – keep reading and don’t hesitate to apply.
- Using APO and other tools, schedule production weekly, daily and hourly for the relevant production lines, to meet the needs of the master production plan and customer orders, within inventory, allergens and efficiency constraints.
- Monitor progress against the schedule through frequent contact with production, making adjustments as necessary, according to priorities and constraints. Maintain close contact with Customer Services advising them of the situation and amend schedule as priorities change.
- Schedule production trials, new product introductions and product discontinuations in the most effective way, with minimal write off exposure.
- In conjunction with supply planning, maintain the parameters within scheduling tools (eg working calendar, CHARMAT etc) for the appropriate lines and products to manage the constraints of seasonality, holidays, business change etc.
- Assist other schedulers in the preparation of production schedules for their areas, including work in progress scheduling, to avoid incurring unnecessary costs elsewhere within the supply chain.
- Produce ad hoc management reports as required, to facilitate and support the management decision making process and maintain accurate records of scheduling activities and decisions.
- Attend business reviews and participate in “cell” and project team activity as required, to meet the needs of the business.
- Report Attainment to Master Production Schedule.
- Comply with all the rules concerning Health and Safety, to ensure that all equipment is operated safely and to report any accident, injury or unsafe practice in accordance with procedures.
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent level of education. (English & Maths essential)
- Previous experience in a Planning or Scheduling role in a FMCG Co
- Competent PC Skills - past exposure to planning using MRP, SAP and APO
- Assertive and tenacious, results focused
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Customer focused and committed to building effective internal and external working relationships
- Innovative, flexible and adaptable
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good interpersonal skill
- Ability to work well as part of a cross functional team
- Competent written and oral communication skills, including ability to give effective presentations
Who Are we?
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and $4.6 billion in annual sales, we manufacture, market and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses, with a passion for flavour. The company has facilities in more than 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers purchase our brands in more than 150 countries and territories. In the UK McCormick leading brand is ‘Schwartz’.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=54821&company=McCormick&username or email your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put the name of the position in the email title). In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an equal opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.