Junior Tax Manager, UK
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
About the role
AB InBev is looking for a Junior Tax Manager to join the UK business, with fantastic opportunities for onward development
This is a high profile and technically challenging role within the UK finance team, to ensure that the AB InBev Group companies within the UK are fully compliant with all current corporation tax legislation (under both UK GAAP and IFRS). The role is also responsible for delivering tax planning and executing actions to minimize and defer tax liabilities. The role also provides advisory services to all areas of the business on other taxes, and within the role there is room for expanding knowledge on VAT and other relevant taxes.
The role reports to a more senior Tax Manager within the UK business, and will involve significant exposure to the local Control team, Commercial Finance Director and UK head, as well as the European Zone Control and Tax teams and the Business Support teams in Prague and India. There is also the opportunity to take up pan-European project and to take the lead on these.
About the candidate
- University degree in Tax Economics, Business and related field required or similar level education.
- Demonstrable experience in Tax area or related fields
- Good business and commercial understanding
- Experience in working in an SAP-ERP environment is a plus
- Experience in working in a multi-national environment is a plus
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience in working with HMRC and other authorities
Technical competencies: (Job related)
- Strong knowledge of Direct taxation
- Computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook etc);
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Strong influencer, able to challenge management and staff where appropriate
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Basic statutory accounting skills; IFRS knowledge a plus
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, with operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.