Head of Supply Chain
Vertical Advantage is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Head of Supply Chain to join their client, a multi national FMCG Food Manufacturing business based in Hertfordshire. The client, a market leader of its kind has recently experienced a rapid growth period therefore is looking for a Head of Supply Chain to work across the Planning and Logistics functions within an integrated Supply Chain.
As well as the day to day running of leading a large team you will be managing an ongoing business project where you will be responsible for the development, on-going design and implementation of a new network and systems which will adhere to the critical plans of the business.
As the Head of Supply Chain you will be responsible for;
- Supporting the implementation of a new ERP systems in order to improve processes
- Management of a strong team where you will be required to demonstrate strong leadership and set agreed targets and monitor performance closely
- Management of all aspects of supply chain including purchasing, production, demand planning, logistics, stock control and warehousing
- implementation of new procedures/working practices in order to meet business goals
- managing the scheduling of production taking into account all constraints and timings
- Overseeing contracts for packaging and negotiation of with all materials and consumables suppliers
- Liaising with the Top Grocers and Sales on planning and forecasting whilst monitoring and reporting on forecast accuracy and customer service levels within the business
You will be/have;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience in an FMCG food manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of project management/change management and experience of applying Supply Chain best practice
- Strong people management and leadership experience with ability to influence people at all levels
- Good mathematical skills and excellent use of Microsoft excel and spreadsheets
- Ability to work in a high pressured/challenging environment
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
If you think you've got what it takes to be the next Head of Supply Chain then please apply online with a copy of your CV.
Due to the high volume of applicants I am afraid we are unable to respond to all. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, however we will keep your details on file and contact you with other opportunities.