New store openings, new branding and new product lines, it’s an exciting time to join Southern Co-op. Not only are we a successful, growing business but we work together to make a positive difference to the local economy, environment and our local communities.
With 200+ convenience stores in the South East and West England, we’re continuing to grow our retail business. We have huge growth plans, and a key focus of our business is to continue to develop and open new stores in the South East and West London areas.
Our London stores are our flagship stores, so we need managers who will take this opportunity and make a positive impact on the operational running of these stores and our business.
Located in South East London, we’re recruiting in the Sidcup and Chislehurst areas. As a Store Manager you’ll have full accountability of managing, leading and developing the team whilst maximising store performance.
- Set operational objectives and performance standards by owning and developing a store plan to deliver a safe, legal and high-performing business
- Translate and role model customer service expectations into activity to ensure that the team deliver an exceptional customer experience setting us apart from our competitors
- Own and deliver a succession plan to ensure the continued and sustainable growth of the business through our people
- Identify business opportunities and deliver performance across all operational KPI’s to optimise EBITDA
- Drive the promotion of Southern Co-op by actively engaging with and supporting local organisations and the community to create a unique point of difference
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Previous management experience within a food retail or similar fast-paced operation
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and business planning skills
- Committed to achieving and sustaining exceptional customer service standards
- Proven people management skills
- Adept at communicating and influencing at all levels
- Committed to promoting collaborative working
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a positive attitude
- Personal Licence Holder (or able to obtain and hold a licence within 16 weeks of appointment).
- Committed to develop own skills and apply learning to improve own performance
What we can offer you
We recognise people are at the heart of our business. We encourage development and progression from within, and we work hard to create opportunities through initiatives like our management training programme, giving colleagues the scope to accelerate their careers.
If you love the pace of retail and providing great customer service, as well as a sense of personal achievement in developing your people, then this could be the career for you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a generous bonus, pension and colleague discount scheme.
Apply for Store Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly