UCA Head of Sales
Job Title: UCA Head Of Sales
Reporting to: UCA Sales Director
Component: UCA Sales
• To deliver sales growth for our partners by delivering exceptional results in existing accounts
Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsibility for delivering sales and development targets in all existing accounts
• Manage direct reports responsible for existing non-traditional entertainment retail accounts
• Lead and own the annual JBP process and ensure all key customers have a JBP in place by 1st February each year. Constantly review performance against JBP
• Manage the existing account POS & Merchandising budgets
• Own the team revenue planner and forecasting tools for all existing accounts, ensure accuracy with a variance <10% to forecast
• Manage the on boarding process for ‘new’ accounts that become ongoing accounts.
• Contribute to overall UCA strategy and facilitate innovative solutions to market challenges
• Maintain regular high level relationships with the major customers and attend quarterly review meetings
• Develop and manage quarterly customer review templates and ensure delivery of quarterly reviews to all key accounts
• Directly manage at least one high level account
• Work with the UCA Partner and Retail teams and SMT to ensure the customer is at the centre of everything we do
• Lead with a Work Smarter attitude – develop simplification projects and continually improve operational and financial processes
• Effective management of the team with regular and constructive feedback, development and goal setting Required
• Significant demonstrable experience leading and managing a team; the ability to demonstrate success in this area
• Experience managing multiple retail accounts and growing business while establishing and maintaining strong relationships
• Ability to demonstrate successful innovation within previous job roles in the industry
• Experience working in the UK DVD industry within a studio environment
• Considerable knowledge and expertise in UK retail
• Excellent presentation skills – in both creation and presentation. Willingness to present to large groups of people where necessary
• High level of general Mathematics and written English
• Excellent communication and influencing skills – ability to listen and tailor plans to customers needs
• Ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic market
• Proven ability to work across functions and influence colleagues
• Retailing experience (Head Office or Store)Experience of direct to consumer or online retailing
UCA is an alliance between Universal Pictures UK Ltd and Sony Pictures UK Ltd. UCA operates the leading studio Business Development team pioneering DVD distribution across the UK retail landscape in non-traditional retailers. UCA is dedicated to innovation and is the market leader in the sectors it operates in.
UCA operates within the infrastructure of Universal Pictures UK Ltd which is part of Universal Pictures International Entertainment. (UPIE) is part of NBC Universal - one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 100% owned by Comcast.