Category / Trade / Marketing Manager
Job Title: Category / Trade / Marketing Manager
Location: M4 corridor
Package: £33-38,000 basic + bonus + car + benefits
Who are we?
We provide tasty nutritious foods, which fully compliment a clean eating lifestyle, free of any grains, dairy, refined sugars and vegetable oils. Our food is always made entirely with natural ingredients.
We are already exporting to 26 countries.
With a product portfolio ideally poised for growth, now is the time to bring a fantastic marketer into the team. This role would suit and ambitious, entrepreneurial and practical marketer who wants to:
• Lead and develop a junior marketing team
• Be part of the leadership team for an ambitious food business with significant UK & export potential.
• Truly charter the destiny of an exciting small business with great products and a great brand at its core.
• Be a key driver in fostering an innovative brand building company culture.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will love FMCG and will be both inspirational as well as being inspired by the idea of having a significant role in creating an exciting brand in the health food and food on the go category. Specifically, the ideal candidate would:
• Be a hands-on marketer who thrives on making things happen in a lean environment.
• Have experience working within the rigor of a blue chip environment coupled with time within a small entrepreneurial/challenger FMCG business.
• Have experience in category and customer strategy development within UK specifically – this is a hands on role where winning on the shelf through distribution gains is the most important metric for the business.
• Have practical experience in either product development, communications plan delivery or activation marketing you are looking for a role that will enable you to expand your skills and deliver with a small budget.
Based at our head office, you will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills who is also able to work autonomously and willing to travel. You are confident and very comfortable working in a multicultural, geographically dispersed environment.
This is a combined Marketing Manager/Category Manager role with cross-functional responsibility for in-store activation to drive both consumer and shopper interest, and maximise sales performance.
We have a vision to ‘own’ a very exciting new category which is capable of delivering significant high triple digit growth in the next 12 months.
• Lead the development of Brand Strategy
• Lead the development of category and shopper activation programmes to drive sales.
• Management of creative & other partners – PR, Design etc
• Inbound & out bound marketing activities
• Delivery of a dynamic innovation pipeline in support of distribution goals
• Management of existing product lines including optimisation of packaging and formats
• Management and deliver of annual marketing plan.
They will have joint responsibility with the Commercial team for creating and communicating ambitious category plans. They will play a key role in the overall management of the business as part of a senior management team which will be responsible for setting and executing strategic plans and delivering on growth and profit targets.
• Combined experience in brand building and category management
• A can do, hands on person who has a reputation for getting things done.
• Experience in category and shopper strategy development and execution.
• Strong commercial acumen coupled with consumer understanding.
• Adept at managing brand P&L and marketing budgets.
• Experience in managing internal and external teams
• Good coaching and people development skills.
• Someone who knows their own mind and is able to win people over through the rigour of their thinking and the passion for their subject area.
All direct or agency applicants will be forwarded to our retained consultant, Veritas Partnership Ltd
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in word format quoting ref number 12065/9
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details