Product Sales Advisor
Product Sales Advisor
HOME BASED - COVERING THE SOUTH
To work within the Hospitality matrix team to deliver the budgeted cross sales aligned to the Hospitality Divisional Director.
The role will focus on devising the best approach by customer and category to deliver all additional sales opportunities identified by yourself, Sector Marketing Manager and Account Managers across hotels, pubs, restaurants, travel & leisure in both wholesales and logistics (excluding the Big Five customers that the direct sales team will support).
- A budget of £6.9m NSV from cross-sales (any incremental product sale to those currently supplied by Brakes to existing customers) pro-rata from start of role within year (proposed start date of June 2017) and shared with current PSA.
- Update the product opportunity pipeline by working with Customers, Sector Marketing Manager, National Account Managers and Group Account Directors.
- Work with Sector Marketing Manager, Category Directors, Category Mangers, Product Development Managers and Development Chefs to ensure opportunities for cross-sell are met with appropriate and commercially viable range development.
- Support ‘new to the Hospitality team’ NAMs to understand the sales process, opportunities and integration with the targeted product sales manager role to deliver budget
- Act as a link between NAMs day to day sales role and wider opportunities to agree with Group Account Director and Sector Marketing Manager the most successful approach to deliver budget
- Work with Corporate Graphic Designer (currently Amy Connelly) to produce relevant cross-usable support materials to deliver cross-sell.
As appropriate to work alongside The New Business Team to develop a ‘once won’ plan to convert un-tendered categories into cross-sale opportunities
- Deliver all high probability (75%) opportunities identified in the pipeline
- Working with Sector Marketing Manager and category teams address range gaps in current proposition to improve pipeline probability (lows to mediums / mediums to highs)
- Support team in achievement of the Hospitality Sector P&L budget (NSV & TM)
- Development of strong and positive working relationships within the Hospitality Matrix Team, procurement, and category teams to support delivery of our goals.
- Excellent communication skills to update all relevant parties on performance and required support to deliver the pipeline.
- Demonstrate a strategic view of the sector and customers needs to identify future opportunities
- Own accountability with the Sector Marketing Manager for product cross-sell targets
- Divisional Director, Channel Heads and Hospitality Sector Sales team
- Directors of Procurement, Pricing and Category (incl Heads of)
- Category Managers and Product Development Managers
- Hospitality Sector Development Chefs
- Matrix team relationships in Finance, HR, Supply Chain.
- Insight Manager (currently Mark Butler)
- Corporate Graphic Designer (currently Amy Connelly)
- Key customer contacts (ie Hilton, Accor, Fullers & Wyevale etc.)
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A sales background with a proven track record in delivering sales and profit growth in LFL accounts with additional product cross-sales and margin beneficial switches.
- A passion for food and extensive knowledge of latest high street trends and foodservice innovations
- Joint business planning and monitoring