- Contract Type
As an independently-owned, family run business we have developed a formidable reputation for working closely with both suppliers and customers, offering strategic solutions for powerful brand development, a host of new ingredients and flavours to catch the imagination of consumers and creative, astute packaging design.
Our reputation for innovation is due in no small part to our commitment to investing in equipment, systems and people to keep us at the cutting edge of the industry with new products and ideas. We aim to be the best at what we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for a purchasing professional to join our Supply Chain department in the role of a Buyer for packaging.
Responsible for the effective purchasing and scheduling of all Packaging, and the clearing and delivery from ports of direct supply raw materials.
1. The procurement department is responsible for managing and purchasing Raw and Packaging goods from sourcing the product, to delivery. This is an important role which relies on careful allocation of materials used in production.
2. As costs fluctuate depending on the scope and type of materials used, the procurement department manage supply and contracts to agreed standards in order to meet business objectives.
3. The procurement department works closely with the different departments within the company.
- Updating the Department/Business with Price/Market Information
- Contract and Price negotiation
- Order management
- Contract management
- Scheduling and clearing UK / Overseas deliveries for both raw and packaging lines as appropriate
- Stock control within SV / Stock control external warehouses
- Material allocation to production
- Development of appropriate supply base and materials to meet production needs.
- Ensuring that the industry is effectively monitored to develop and maintain an appropriate supply base.
- Sourcing current, and new products from new suppliers, ensuring product specification and samples are supplied and approved by the business prior to purchase agreement.
- Contract negotiation to achieve optimum price, quality and delivery in line with business budgets and objectives.
- The management of value engineering projects to reduce the purchase price and / or cost in use of goods supplied.
- To ensure consistent supply of goods to agreed specifications and to record, monitor and act on supplier performance managing rejections and claims to ensure no efficiency or financial losses.
- Liaison with forecast and production departments to manage stocks in line with agreed working capital parameters and to manage packaging to avoid obsolescence.
- Working with NPD / Technical department on any new projects/customer requests.
- Attending relevant meetings with all other departments to manage any supply, quality or cost issues.
- Managing the relevant data sources and business information systems and the effective communication of information to internal and external parties.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly