Key Account Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading personal hygiene company that commands 60% of the market. Ontex have been in the UK market for 13 years, employ 11,500 people and boast a turnover in excess of €2 Billion. Ontex, being a true market leader supply all major grocers and also manufacture for some well-known Blue Chip companies.
Ontex operate on a private label format comprising of 50% of the business with the other 50% being Ontex brands, mainly in healthcare. The business is continuously expanding and have just landed another major contract within their baby care business unit securing €10M as well as expanding internationally.
The business is heavily driven by building long term relationships which is evidenced by them supplying their clients with market leading insights, observations across SKU performance and promotions etc by utilising their Nielsen, Kantar and category data programmes as part of a holistic offering to better their client's performances within the market.
As a Key Account Manager for Ontex it will be your responsibility to take full ownership of several high value accounts, including a Top 4 grocer. The successful candidate will also strive to build long term relationships with the account base while maximizing sales opportunities, achieving company revenue, profit and business growth objectives.
Further to account management and business development it will be crucial for you to work cross functionally to utilise your effectiveness. The successful candidate will also be responsible for but not limited to;
- Develop and following up the Key Account Plans for your retail multiple account base
- Manage all aspects of the commercial negotiations
- Deliver the sales margin against your target
- Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Liaise directly with stores to ensure implementation of accounts Own Brand plans are flawless
- Needs to be able to build and maintain relationships throughout the account business - not only with the commercial team, but also Technical, Marketing, Supply Chain and all other disciplines. These need to be built both vertically and horizontally throughout the business.
The successful candidate will already have some sales experience, be hungry to drive for success and ultimately want to progress in to a much more senior role moving forward. The chosen KAM will also possess the following virtues;
- Detailed orientated
- Have a technical understanding (product base/ be able to learn it)
- Creative and have the ability to think outside of the box
- Be able to view situations with a holistic view point
This business is very much close knit, bonded and fun. The team genuinely work hard and play hard and help each other/ get stuck in when needed. The person that will suit this environment will enjoy having fun, doesn't take themselves too seriously but knows how to get their head down and strives for success.
£35,000 Basic DOE + Package