Project Sales Manager
Role Project Sales Manager
Area Yorkshire and North East England
Products Commercial Catering equipment
Salary c£35,000, OTE £50k +
Benefits Company Car, mobile, tablet, Pension, Healthcare
My client is a company that operates nationwide supplying a full range of commercial catering equipment with the majority of sales coming from project and scheme work. You will be supported by a full CAD department and a team of project managers. As a group, my client is able to offer a complete solution to their clients, the group is composed of:
- Catering Equipment
- Stainless Steel Fabrications
- Technical Services
Working with clients across all sectors to include leisure, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, schools, universities etc. Installations range in value from between £10k-£700k and are made up of bespoke kitchen schemes and serveries.
There will be many leads generated through enquiries, referrals and repeat business. However, this is a new business role and you will also be expected to generate a high level of new business so existing contacts and industry relationships would be useful and enable a fast start. An on target performance in year two would ensure candidates would be earning over £50,000 p/a.
- Take client brief
- Work alongside the design department to produce a presentation drawing
- Present the job, drawing and quote to the client
- Close the deal
- When the project is ordered you will hand the brief over to a project manager who will be responsible for overseeing the installation. During this time you will be expected to liaise with the project team and client to ensure that excellent customer service is being delivered
- Jointly deliver the hand-over and snagging with the project manager
- Coordinate any staff training and product demonstrations
- The successful candidate must come from within the foodservice commercial catering sector and be able to demonstrate they are familiar with the types of customers on patch.
- Ideally you will be working for/have worked for a Distributor in this industry and will have a broad base of contacts and transferable client base.
- Target performance is critical: on average the Sales team will perform at around 110% of target. You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of achieving Sales targets.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career and earning potential within the catering equipment sector. There is an excellent support network available to you to enable you generate a consistent level of high value sales. You must be a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for sales and the ability to close deals and build solid and enduring relationships with your clients.