Category Development Manager
Category Development Manager
Location: Kings Hill, United Kingdom - Just 15 minutes from the M25 and voted 9th in The Telegraph's Britain's top 20 places to raise a family
Closing Date: 15th May 2017*
Kimberly-Clark seeks original thinkers to create solutions for our consumers.
Insight is the backbone of our business conversations. As a successful Category Development Manager, you will support our teams and our customers by demonstrating data driven insight and identifying opportunities to deliver what our shoppers of today and tomorrow are looking for.
Working closely with our Retail partners and our Marketing and Customer Management teams, you will be responsible for building our categories to achieve growth in new and innovative ways. You will have opportunities to be central to range reviews, new product development and promotional evaluations to ensure that we continue to meet the ever evolving needs of our shoppers and consumers.
Leading the world in essentials for a better life. That's what Kimberly-Clark is all about.
We place consumers at the centre of everything we do. Billions worldwide choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That's a big responsibility and one we take seriously.
As a Bloomberg best UK Employer 2016 and a global organisation we are able to offer exceptional career development opportunities all around the world. As a result of our continued success we are now seeking a Category Development Manager to work within our exceptional UK based Category Team.
As a Category Development Manager and a member of the UK Category Leadership Team this role offers an exciting opportunity to develop and execute category initiatives aligned to the category vision within key retail partners.
You will be responsible for engaging with our top retail partners, building relationship and influencing them to deliver category growth and implement category initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to ensure alignment of recommendations to drive that growth for both the retailer and Kimberly-Clark.
- To support the development of Category Strategies and influence retailers to implement recommendations tailored to their specific needs
- To develop and deliver effective external category selling stories, tailored by customer as required, to support new category growth initiatives with key customers
- To develop and agree activation plans for key initiatives including merchandising and promotion recommendations
- To monitor, evaluate & communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or KC brands
- To recommend actions to address category and/or Kimberly-Clark issues through influencing retailer partners
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to be;
- A pro-active, confident, highly collaborative and numerate individual who can successfully build business relationships and present recommendations in an influential and persuasive manner.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally possess a sales/marketing or business focused degree.
- Extensive experience in a category role or closely related field.
- Experience working within UK FMCG market would be an advantage.
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills are essential as is the ability to use these skills in a high pressured environment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/ KEY BEHAVIOURS
- Strong Influencing and leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Innovative solution development and problem solving
- Self-motivated and assertive with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Experience of successfully creating and maintaining business relationships
- Experience of persuasively presenting strategic recommendations
- Ability to influence behaviours cross-functionally and at all business levels
WHERE YOUR FUTURE MEETS OURS
Reward & Benefits
Life with Kimberly Clark is extremely rewarding and that's not just because of the fantastic products we provide across the globe.
At Kimberly-Clark UK, we know how hard our employees work and the contributions they make to our business. We also offer a range of benefits that include a Competitive salary and Performance Related Bonus, Generous Holiday Allowance, Outstanding Pension Scheme and Private Medical Cover with a leading provider. We also offer childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, flexible working, share scheme and offers on KC products.As such we offer attractive packages that not only include some fantastic benefits such as performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme with life assurance, private healthcare, 25 days' annual holiday but also a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to tailor your choices to suit your needs (share scheme, dental insurance, gym membership, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, dining cards and health screening are just some to mention).
Kimberly Clark are a premium branded FMCG, voted Bloomberg Best UK Employer 2016 because of our family friendly ethos with agile working hours. In some sites we even have half day Friday's in the summer months and on site fitness classes such as yoga, Pilates and Zumba!!
Our modern re-furbished workspaces Kings Hill office is just 15 minutes from the M25 with free onsite parking and plenty of local amenities including orchards for running and cycling, onsite showers, a variety of social and sporting clubs and an onsite subsidised restaurant which is exclusive to KC staff.
The links below will show you more information about Kimberly Clark and our idyllic Kings Hill location;
Britain's top 20 places to raise a family: http://bit.ly/2lp34sj
Working at Kimberly Clark: http://bit.ly/2loR2PO
Live, Work and Play at Kings Hill: http://bit.ly/2lpRsFn
*Please note that this role will remain open until an offer has been made and accepted.