National Account Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hungry, energetic and target orientated National Account Manager to join a fantastic client based in Hampshire to pick and grow their retail division with key accounts such as Toolstation, Screwfix, B&Q, Homebase, Travis Perkins, Wilkinson's amongst others.
My client is a highly successful and growing consumer goods business, specialising in professional decorating tools for the UK and International market. From its base in Hampshire, my client has expanded the business over the years to become an integral and established supplier to the retail market, merchants, major multi-site stores and independents. My client is growing their business year on year across both branded and own label categories. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a business going well and truly in the right direction.
The National Account Manager will lead the company's focus in maintaining and building on existing relationships with key accounts - the large, multi-location Nationals. The National Account Manager will be responsible for achieving the sales and profit targets with each account, through strong customer plans and deliver the overall strategic account objectives. They will represent the full range of products and services and ensure the account expectations are exceeded, with the full support of the wider sales team and supporting functions. They will proactively build relationships with all key internal and external personnel, identify further and future commercial opportunities whether this be with the existing portfolio or reaching out to new retail and commercial partners. They will monitor the market and competition, lead solution development objectives and work closely with Marketing, Finance and Operation teams.
The successful candidate for this National Account Manager role will come with the following skills and capabilities:-
- National Accounts experience, ideally from a non-food & drink background
- Strong strategic planning ability
- Ability to demonstrate modern marketing techniques and where these have been utilised, with a focus on web and digital
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills
- A demonstrable track record in profitable growth within major national accounts
- Strong self-starter able to work extremely efficiently on their own
- Ability to bring fresh ideas and creativity to the role and influence the wider sales team
- Commutable to the Portsmouth area 1-2 times per week
Salary circa £45,000 per annum (DOE) + performance related bonus c20% uncapped + company car (no car allowance) + private healthcare + pension + 25 days annual leave + other benefits