Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Independent - HOME BASED
(Covering the North - Scotland)
Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs
Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager, and working with a team of Area Sales Managers within the Independent sector the role will require you to gain and retain new profitable independent business within a defined geographical area in the North of Scotland.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Identify new sales opportunities, to achieve and increase Sales turnover and gross profit
- To devise and deliver customer business plan to maximise both customer and company growth
- Ensure best commercial fit to customer and business
- Maximise selling opportunities by analysis of customer need
- To devise and deliver a telesales partnership plan, to maximise business growth
- To proactively manage customer retention
- Ensure a smooth transition to assigned sales associate
- Accurate completion of area sales administration
- To maintain competitor awareness
- To contribute to Regional Plan
- To maintain and develop knowledge of product offering
- Control and deliver positive results from POD Partnerships
The Business Development Manager will be ambitious, hardworking and have a desire to build great relationships with Internal & External Customers. This position will be working alongside three established Area Sales Managers so will have a wealth of experience around them and a strong team identity.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Proven track record of profitable sales delivery
- Demonstration of the effectiveness of the Brakes Sales process
- Demonstrable knowledge of the market place
- The capacity to interpret, understand and act upon financial data to achieve customer solutions
- IT literate
- Honesty & reliability
Employing over 10,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes, independent pubs, restaurants and hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well known national chains.
Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative products and services and is committed to improving both the environment and the communities it serves.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.