Category Executive - East Midlands - FMCG
If you are an outgoing category candidate looking for the next step in your career then this opportunity with a leading food manufacturer based in the East Midlands could be what you've been waiting for. Working in a well established and successful team, you will put your category experience into play to generate research that can be turned into actionable recommendations to push the category further. The opportunity has great potential for quick progression into a fully fledged Category Manager so you'll need to be an ambitious individual with a desire to progress.
You will be given the opportunity to work on Top 4 Grocery accounts with the chance to be customer facing. Reporting to the Head of Category, you will be working to collect data and generate customer insight. You will also be involved in the day to day category responsibilities for Tesco Front of Store Category.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collating data from relevant sources about customer insight and feeding it to category team to ensure that the category initiatives are aligned
- Manipulating data to generate insights and action plans
- Manage the merchandising of the Front of Store category including range recommendations
- Collate daily and weekly reports ensuring 100% accuracy
- Ad hoc Data Analysis utilising Nielsen/IRI/Dunnhumby and Tesco link for both sales and customer metrics
- Regular updates with the Tesco team on category and market performance, competitor activity and industry news.
You will need to be an outgoing person with strong analytical skills:
- Experience within Category Executive/Assistant/Analyst role
- Highly motivated
- Experience within Retail / FMCG / Consumer Durable / Retail Agency sectors
- Marketing degree or equivalent
- Strong background in analysis and/or Category Management
- Strong analytical and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Can be customer facing
What's on offer?
- Very competitive salary + great benefits scheme
- Opportunity to work on Top 4 Grocery accounts with a rapidly growing business
- Great development and quick progression to Category Manager
Apply for Category Executive - East Midlands - FMCG
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly